Monday, November 2, 2009

Poem on "Division by Zero"

Constraints: At least 8 lines long, Can't rhyme.

How many zeros can you fit in anything, any number, any shape, any place, at any given time?
Are there infinite zeros in anything, any number, any shape, any place, at any given time?
What is revealed when diving by zero anyways? What is infinity?
Does a task or a chunk become smaller when it's divided by zero?
Division by zero looks like something on top of zero.
There is a line Between the number and zero when dividing that number by zero.
Divide and conquer does not work when dividing by zero, does it?
Division by zero does not imply inverse of multiplying by zero!

Reflection on this exercise:
A worthy exercise, but I don't see/get its relevance or importance.
Maybe because my background is in physics?

Would you use it in your classes? How?

I don't know... Honestly, probably not. I'd rather use something or some
activity related to sports than poetry when discussing a concept. This
is because I have participated in different types of sports all my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment