Monday, September 21, 2009

Self assessment of my micro teaching assignment: Breath Of Fire in Kundalini Yoga

Self assessment: Microteaching
Topic: Breath of Fire in Kundalini Yoga

I thought these things went well in my lesson:
- Good use of BOOPPPS
- Covering major points of Breath of Fire
- Clear Demonstration

If I were to teach this lesson again, I would work to improve it in these ways:
- Practice giving the lesson few times, I didn't practice at all, just spent time in preparation
- Cover another related type of breathing since I had just under two minutes left. or mention other components of Kundalini yoga in the definition: Krias, Mudras, Mantras, Bhandas?
- Have more comfortable place (yoga mats) for students to sit on
- Learn more about the subject
- Work on staying relaxed

Here are some things I reflected on based on my peer's feedback:
Given that this was the first time I had talked about the subject and taking into account colleagues' feed back, I feel good/positive overall about my presentation. I think I need to work on my confidence since I did not view my presentation as "kindly" as my colleagues did. I felt I could have known about the subject better, communicated better, stayed more relaxed, etc. I think experience in (getting out there) and trying more will definitely help.

No comments:

Post a Comment